The Keokuk County Health Center and the Medical Clinic has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and has prepared to take precautions for the safety of our patients and staff.
Effective as of March 18th until further notice, Keokuk County Health Center and Medical Clinic is not allowing visitors or vendors. The Medical clinic is by appointment only. Patients must call ahead and be screened over the phone by trained medical staff. Any patients that present to the Hospital or Medical clinic entrance will be screened prior to being allowed to enter the facility. Screening questions will include fever, cough, shortness of breath, recent travel around or out of the country, or contact with an individual that has had a positive laboratory confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms.
- The Emergency Room entrance is for Emergency, outpatient laboratory and radiology patients only. Please use the red phone inside the ER entrance to communicate with staff your reason for being seen.
- The Medical Clinic entrance is for clinic patients with scheduled appointments, Cardiac Rehab, Physical therapy and Occupational therapy appointments only. No walk-ins will be accepted at this time.
The clinic has divided their days by seeing chronic patients in the morning and then sick or acute patients in the afternoons. This is to separate the well from the sick patients to keep them safe and healthy. Chronic patients would include physicals, annual wellness visits, consultations, routine follow-up visits, and patients over the age of 65 and/or those with co-existing medical conditions.
Acute or sick patients will be scheduled after 1pm and these would include patients experiencing fever, chills, cough, sore throat, sneezing, or shortness of breath. If you have any of these symptoms, please bring them to the attention of the scheduler when you make your appointment.
- In both the Emergency room and for scheduled appointments, only the patient will be allowed to enter.
- If the patient is under the age of 18 years, one guardian or parent can accompany them. No exceptions will be allowed.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation as we work through this challenging time together.
Keokuk County Health Center has been providing services since 1954. We are excited to continue to provide high quality healthcare. As a small hospital, you can enjoy more time with your nurse and provider, whether it is through our Emergency Room, as a patient in our hospital, or in one of our clinics. We pride ourselves in being able to provide quality healthcare locally.
- Here is the link to our COVID-19 pricing: COVID-19 TEST
- Here is the link to our pricing: KCHC PRICING
- Here is the link to our patient portal: KCHC Patient Portal
- Our Physical Therapy Department now has staff certified in Astym treatment. Astym treatment is the regenerative medicine of therapy and is designed to restore soft tissues at a cellular level. To learn more, visit http://www.astym.com.